APPLICATIONS OPEN: Monday 7 January to Friday 15 February 2019
FameLab Australia is an international science communication competition created by Cheltenham Festival designed to find the most charismatic up-and-coming scientists from around the world, armed only with their wits and a few props – the result is unpredictable, enlightening and exciting. FameLab is produced in 2019 by the Foundation for the WA Museum with key international partner, the British Council.
We are inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across the UK to take part in the longest running science competition in the world! Early application available by request. Please contact the Project Director by email.
Join us for an exciting snapshot into the world of science, engineering, maths and technology as some of the country’s most captivating researchers explain fascinating concepts in an unpredictable and enlightening way!
Queensland – Wednesday 20 March – Queensland Museum, Brisbane
Victoria – Wednesday 27 March – Museums Victoria, Melbourne
New South Wales – Wednesday 10 April – Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
Western Australia – Wednesday 17 April – WA Maritime Museum, Fremantle
Western Australia – Week of 15-17 May – State Theatre Centre, Perth
Entrants must be 21 years old or older, studying or working in science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. FameLab is looking for people who want to talk about their science, not the people who have already shifted into science communication or promotion as a full-time career.
We welcome applications from:
- Lecturers in science, mathematics or engineering subjects, including specialist science teachers with a science degree
- Researchers who use existing research or meta-studies – they don’t have to be getting their hands dirty
- People who work on applying science, technology or mathematics – for example, patent clerks, statisticians, computer technicians, consultants to industry
- Postgraduate students of science, mathematics or engineering (over 21)
- People who apply science, mathematics or engineering in the armed forces or government bodies
- People who apply science, engineering or mathematics in industry or business
Contact FameLab Australia for more information:
Melissa Callanan, Project Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 401 648 534
Thank you to our valued 2018 FameLab partners: